Boost your immune system through sleep
Getting more high-quality sleep is one of the best ways to boost your immune system, as well as helping you achieve glowing skin, and to have a healthier body and mind.
How to get a good night’s sleep
- Make a commitment each night for a week to go to bed 10-20 minutes earlier than the night before until you are getting eight hours sleep.
- Make sure you don’t watch TV or look at your PC, tablet or phone 30 minutes before bedtime. You need to relax, so avoid these distractions.
- Also, it has been proven that the light from screens prevents the release of melatonin, which encourages sleep.
- Increase the magnesium in your diet. It helps increase the levels and the quality of your sleep, according to researchers at Tehran University. So, eat dark green, leafy vegetables, as they contain lots of magnesium.
- Avoid sugar, it can cause erratic blood sugar levels, and this can make the body produce the stress hormone cortisol.
- Don’t drink anything that contains caffeine after 3pm, swap to decaf options or, best of all, drink water only. If you can ditch caffeine completely, then do.
Please contact us if you would like anymore advice.